Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Stephen Crabb MP (Preseli Pembrokeshire)
Full-time position but part-time job share considered.
Location: Constituency Office (currently homeworking in line with Government Covid-19 regulations)
Salary: in line with IPSA payscales - £21,529 - £31,705
An opportunity has arisen to join Stephen’s team as a Caseworker. The role is primarily based in Stephen’s constituency office in Haverfordwest. (Please note that during the Covid-19 outbreak, the role will be based remotely from home and involve a high level of autonomous working.)
Stephen is looking for a candidate with excellent communication and writing abilities, and a strong understanding of how to take up and resolve enquires from constituents about local issues, such as housing, health, benefits as well as dealing with other Government departments such as HMRC, DWP and the Child Maintenance Service.
Duties will include:
• Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses.
• Attending surgeries and other meetings and taking notes.
• Gathering information relevant to assist cases.
• Liaising with various agencies and organisations to resolve constituents' problems.
• Identifying and responding to local casework trends across the area.
• Logging all cases, monitoring progress and ensuring that actions are taken.
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act and MP’s requirements.
- Supervising work experience placements and students as required.
• Experience in a similar role and the software programme CaseworkerMP or similar CRM software is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Workload and project management skills.
• Excellent IT skills including the Microsoft Office package.
• Ability to deal with constituents and community interest groups in a helpful and sympathetic manner.
• Experience of advising on subjects such as housing, welfare benefits or immigration issues or community advocacy work would be beneficial.
An ability to work independently and as part of team, and able to adapt to evolving situations.
A good working knowledge or understanding of local issues in the constituency is desirable. The successful candidate will demonstrate their enthusiasm to play a key role in a hardworking team supporting Stephen in his constituency work.
Stephen values inclusivity and diversity and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12th March 2021
Interviews scheduled via zoom end of March.
Please send an email with the subject line "Caseworker application” to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a CV and a covering letter.